Fidelity Digital Assets
Quantitative Crypto Analyst
The Quantitative Crypto Analyst will be a member of the newly created Crypto and Token Research Team which will itself be housed with the Quantitative Research and Investments (QRI) division of Asset Management at Fidelity. This team of multi-disciplinary research analysts will be focused on developing frameworks for the evaluation of tokens, and the associated blockchain protocols, that form the basis of the rapidly evolving blockchain economy. The Analyst will be specifically focused on creating quantitative tools for assessing the trading and liquidity profiles of the various cryptocurrencies and tokens as well developing systematic approaches to portfolio construction, risk management and trading.
The Crypto and Token Research team’s output will enable the development of passive and active investment products that allow Fidelity’s customers to gain exposure to growth in this exciting new asset class. The Quantitative Crypto Analyst role, and the rest of the Research team, will partner with the Asset Management Technology and Data teams and the Fidelity Center for Advanced Technology (FCAT) to develop a data and research platform that enables us to scale up our research activities as the market evolves.
One of the primary objectives of this team is to bring the rigor and discipline found in the best investment research teams in traditional asset management to the world of digital assets. Members of this team must have a track record of conducting high quality hands-on investment-oriented research coupled with a demonstrated knowledge of crypto and ability to apply critical thinking to evaluating utility of blockchain networks and associated protocols.
QRI is an investment division within Asset Management at Fidelity. We are responsible for the management and development of quantitative and hybrid quant/fundamental investment strategies and solutions while providing high quality quantitative, data-driven support to Fidelity’s fundamental investment professionals, ensuring they have access to the most relevant data and advanced quantitative analysis.
The Value You Deliver
The Quantitative Crypto Analyst will have three main deliverables:
- Data organization: Partnering with quant researchers, data scientists and technologists on identifying, collecting and organizing the data necessary to conduct the research that enables developing investment management products.
- Decision tools and models: Creating quantitative tools for assessing trading and liquidity profiles of the various cryptocurrencies and tokens to inform market positioning and risk.
- Strategy development: Using data organization above, developing systematic approaches to portfolio construction, risk management and trading. Strategies will serve the research function broadly and may offer opportunities to partner with product development.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in the financial industry and direct experience building investment strategies with both centralized and onchain market data
- Strong background in quantitative research, including programming, time series modeling, optimizations, and machine learning
- Familiarity with crypto data vendors, data sources and fundamental data
- Experience with portfolio construction for an asset manager a plus
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or a closely related field is encouraged.
The Skills You Bring
- Macro understanding of blockchain technology and broad familiarity with onchain fundamental metrics
- Strong hands-on research capabilities and an ability to communicate research to a broad audience
- Ability to engage with multiple investment and technology teams to establish a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach to crypto and token research
- Familiarity with modern technology and programming platforms. E.g., Python, SQL and cloud-oriented data technology (AWS, Azure, S3, Snowflake)
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.