Namada and Anoma Communications Lead
Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys, and maintains open-source protocols & mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative paradigms.
Heliax’s work includes the Anoma protocol, a novel architecture that is intent-centric, privacy-preserving protocol for decentralised counterparty discovery, solving, & multi-chain atomic settlement; Namada, a proof-of-stake L1 for interchain asset-agnostic privacy, designed to bring the best privacy to the multichain; Juvix and Vamp-IR, in the domain of languages for dApps and ZK circuits.
We are looking for a communications lead to join Heliax as soon as possible. You’ll be working directly with the co-founders and frequently collaborate with the rest of the team members across all functions, including product, research and engineering teams.
You will support and contribute to content, from press work to marketing plans to social media and everything in between. You will also manage and oversee programs, narratives, and campaigns to tell the story of public goods including Namada and Anoma and the broader vision to the world.
The ideal candidate will be a hyper-motivated, creative, flexible, and detail-oriented storyteller, with clear focus on solving problems, bringing ideas to the table, and building relationships – who is maximally aligned with the vision and values of Anoma, Namada, and Heliax.
What you’ll do
- Create and execute key communication campaigns aiming to reach various target audiences, maximise brand awareness, further the reputation
- Craft compelling and differentiated communication materials, which include articles, social media posts (Twitter, Reddit, newsletters, etc)
- Ensure that all the research, products, innovations, and ecosystem-wide updates are known to the world
- Craft PR materials – position pieces, reactive statements, media pitches, etc. – to tell the story of the products and elevate co-founder’s POV
- Research, identify, and track new opportunities to elevate Anoma & Namada’s story and co-founders
- Develop, prep and execute thought leadership campaigns for Anoma & Namada co-founders, counselling them to more effectively tell stories, manage crises, and model Anoma’s vision and values through storytelling
- Manage all aspects of media and partner relations, including building and maintaining relationships with media of all kinds
- Help lead crisis response. You’ll also help refine our strategic response process
- Monitor media, social media, and community platforms, be the key point of contact for support and respond appropriately to inquiries and issues as they arise
- Represent Anoma, Namada, Heliax as a spokesperson as needed
- Obviously, you’re excellent at verbal and written communication skills and love doing it. Make sure to share your past work, including blog posts, tweets, posts in forums, etc.
- You’re super, super organised and have a lot of attention to detail. You’re a creative, strategic, self-starter who can synthesise complex information, problem solving, and project management – basically you can make big contributions without requiring constant management and guidance
- A good baseline in understanding of protocols, technology and crypto – otherwise you’re able to get yourself up-to-speed very quickly with the latest, no matter how technical the topics are
- A knowledge of and interest in video creation and editing, as well as any other formats of content
- Telling stories feels natural to you: you’re inspired by what you read about and observe, have intuition about what will “work,” and can synthesise multiple inputs to bring strong storylines to life with minimal oversight
- You love working with other hoomans, deeply collaborative, and look for opportunities to have a greater impact through cross-functional, integrated marketing
- You have past experience navigating complex issues / crises, and the ability to see around corners and anticipate questions
- You’re personally aligned with the vision and values of Anoma and Namada
- Remote, but you can join the team at our current offices in Zug, London, or Berlin.
- When remote, preferred if mostly located within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that protocols are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.