EA / Office Manager - Maternity Cover
About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is the largest Web 3 accelerator in the world. Founded in 2014, it works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000’s of the world’s leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
This is a maternity cover position, working for Outlier Ventures. The role falls within the People Team and you will report to the People Manager. It’s a stand-alone role but you will work closely with the wider team to ensure the delivery of support services across the business. You will be a self-starter and familiar with working in a fast-paced and changing environment. You will be an excellent EA with outstanding office manager skills looking to join our team to cover a colleague’s maternity leave. Responsibilities for this position are outlined here in summary and there will be a comprehensive handover period. However, the nature of this role is one that requires someone who is pro-active and has the ability to manage and prioritise their own work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide full EA support for CEO and Leadership Team of 8.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times, using discretion and judgment, act as an extension and representative of your executive/s.
- Extensive diary management to include meetings, lunches, and travel including some personal diary management for CEO.
- Arrange Town Hall meetings for staff, board meetings and social events
- Responsible for booking team travel using Travelperk
- Manage any day to day operational needs to support the smooth running of the business including admin support for the team
- Manage all aspects of general office management.
- The first point of contact for the office.
- Meeting clients of the office and ensuring there are refreshments for them.
- Liaise with the landlord’s service providers and managing agent to ensure the office environment is maintained.
- Maintain office areas and create systems for employees to effectively use the meeting rooms, kitchen, hot desks and other communal areas.
- Managing office suppliers and their services and communications (cleaners, plant providers, telephone systems etc.).
- Order supplies and manage stock of stationary, kitchen items, food/ drinks etc.
- Maintaining office fire safety procedures and health and safety, liaising with the landlord where relevant.
We are looking for someone who:
As well as being energetic, is trustworthy and dependable with exceptional attention to detail, the ideal candidate will always look to improve on accepted norms, and should possess the following traits:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Office Manager or PA role, or equivalent.
- Works exceptionally well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Good level of IT skills and good level knowledge of Google Suite
- Ability to prioritise your responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to manage projects and tasks through from start to finish.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Flexible working style and solutions orientated.
- Able to handle highly confidential information, sensitively and professionally.
- Proactive with the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience with managing diary management for multiple c-suite leaders.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and manage expectations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise requests.
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership.
What we can offer you
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly in projects
*availability subject to specific circumstances