Product Director, Institutional Trading
At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products. We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains.
Wintermute’s customer-facing business includes various OTC products such as electronic trading API and single-dealer platform for a wide range of counterparties from crypto native whales to large traditional finance institutions. Wintermute is also providing market making services for blockchain projects where we support most of the world’s largest and most prominent launches. In addition to providing the best in class liquidity products, Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Product Management at Wintermute
We are looking for a Product Director to drive our financial OTC products offering and trading capabilities for crypto native and traditional institutional counterparties. You will be responsible for managing and driving growth for Wintermute OTC offering across various electronic and voice trading products. You will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the business from roadmap definition to roadmap execution, to PnL responsibility. You will work cross-functionally and cooperate closely with trading, operations, business development, and marketing.
Product Strategy & Delivery
- Develop the roadmap for electronic trading products (single-dealer platform, institutional API solutions) as well as for voice trading (derivatives, tailored products, etc)
- Manage the execution of the product roadmap which involves managing cross-functional teams, external service providers, as well as being very hands on
- Manage the implementation of new products, functionality and features within strict and short timelines
- Work closely with software developers teams and traders and be able to understand and drive both technical and financial product requirements
Go To Market
- Drive the definition of Go-to-Market strategy in cooperation with the COO and other relevant teams based on a deep understanding of the market, competitive landscape, counterparty needs, product and implementation feasibility
- Develop new product launch plans including market research, go-to-market, regulatory and technology aspects
- Detail product benefits and features and brief marketing on the correct positioning of the products
- Develop strategic partnerships and maintain relationships with key counterparties and partners
- Be ultimately responsible for the PnL of the business
- Drive both short-term operational and longer-term strategic initiatives to drive growth and profitability across various products and trading counterparties
- Experience in and deep knowledge of electronic trading products in financial services or crypto
- Specific experience in electronic trading platforms (e.g. eFX), OTC trading and derivative instruments is a significant advantage
- Product management or business management experience in the financial services industry or relevant advisory firms
- Solid understanding of transactions lifecycle, incl position management, clearing, margin/collateral management, P&L accounting, etc.
- Good understanding of financial market ecosystem players, their product needs, incentives and constraints
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Business or equivalent experience
- Strong existing network in institutional finance; personal or professional interest in crypto is an advantage
- Experience starting new initiatives from scratch and seeing them through to delivery
- Loves working both with data and with people
- Fast learner who takes initiative; ownership mentality / no job is too small attitude
- Structured approach, good judgment of priorities, focus on getting things done and continuous incremental delivery