Fidelity Digital Assets
Crypto Research Analyst
The Crypto Research Analyst will be a member of the newly created Crypto and Token Research Team, which will itself be housed with the Quantitative Research and Investments (QRI) division of Asset Management at Fidelity. This team of multi-disciplinary research analysts will be focused on developing and utilizing frameworks for assessing the security and utility of individual blockchains or protocols and associated assets. Each member of the team will be responsible for demonstrating subject-matter expertise related to specific sectors of the blockchain ecosystem with a primary focus on infrastructure and finance.
The Crypto and Token Research team’s output will enable the development of passive and active investment products that allow Fidelity’s customers to gain exposure to growth in this exciting new asset class. The Crypto Research Analyst role, and the rest of the Token Research will partner with the Asset Management Technology and Data teams and the Fidelity Center for Advanced Technology (FCAT) to develop a data and research platform that enables us to scale up our research activities as the market evolves.
One of the primary objectives of this team is to bring the rigor and discipline found in the best investment research teams in traditional asset management to the world of digital assets. Members of this team must have a track record of conducting high quality hands-on investment-oriented research coupled with a demonstrated knowledge of crypto and ability to apply critical thinking to evaluating utility of blockchain networks and associated protocols.
QRI is an investment division within Asset Management at Fidelity. We are responsible for the management and development of quantitative and hybrid quant/fundamental investment strategies and solutions while providing high quality quantitative, data-driven support to Fidelity’s fundamental investment professionals, ensuring they have access to the most relevant data and advanced quantitative analysis.
The Value You Deliver
The Crypto Research Analyst will have three main deliverables:
- Data organization: Contribute to a data schema for organizing the underlying blockchains or protocols, and associated assets using exchange data, onchain data and analyst perspective.
- Fundamental analysis and tools: Relentless focus on new investment research and monitoring previous reviews. Build tools to assess and monitor utility and risk of an asset.
- Strategy development and content: Active participant in an investment forum to discuss and debate research views and organize research content highlighting thought leadership.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in an investment research function, with some direct experience in crypto research.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field is encouraged.
- Demonstrated experience writing professional research reports within crypto highlighting trade-offs of various blockchain infrastructures or Finance protocols.
- Direct experience within an active investment team contributing to portfolio construction and risk management is desired.
The Skills You Bring
- Deep understanding of the current state of various blockchain or protocol projects and development roadmap.
- Strong hands-on research capabilities and an ability to communicate research to a broad audience.
- Collaborative, creative and team-oriented approach to R&D, investing and technology. Ability to work across teams whose skill sets span blockchain, fundamental and quant research, data-science and technology.
- Familiarity with modern technology and programming platforms. E.g., Python, SQL, Solidity and cloud-oriented data technology (AWS, Azure, S3, Snowflake).
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.