CTO/Technical Co-Founder for Hybrid Exchange
We are building a next generation digital asset exchange that values and promotes the original idea of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, that of self-custody and self-sovereignty. A fully VASP licenced safe space to trade, where funds can be audited on chain at all times, and user funds belong to the user, always.
We are seeking an experienced CTO/Full Stack Engineer who is self-motivated and wants to create an impact in the Digital Asset and Web3 space to join our small team.
Candidates should have high-level expertise in web3 wallet architecture, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) and Solidity, in particular around ERC-4337, as well as Bitcoin PSBTs and multi-signatures.
Knowledge of key-sharding and multi-party computation is also a huge plus.
You will be responsible for optimising a wallet infrastructure process involving multi-signature wallets on EVM chains and Bitcoin, using a structure similar to SAFE and implementing account abstraction. You will work to determine the best flow, fit, process, and infrastructure to integrate with a centralised matching engine.
You will work directly with the founder to deliver this product, and the right person should understand and be happy to work in start-up culture. You are early.
- Review, optimise and where required re-design, a process involving multi-signature wallets on EVM chains and Bitcoin.
- Determine the best flow, fit, and process integrate a new wallet infrastructure with a centralised exchange, while optimising gas management.
- Review and sanity check the project’s assumptions. Advise, suggest or design solutions for a better outcome.
- Be the owner and manager responsible for the technical rollout of a important core component of the project.
- Work directly with founder and partners to launch the exchange.
- 4+ years of engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of wallet architecture, sEVM and Solidity.
- Knowledge of Gnosis Safe and similar web3 infrastructure.
- Experience with Bitcoin (PSBTs and multi-signatures) is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong blockchain/crypto interest and experience.
- Working knowledge of Web3 protocols.
- Excellent communication skills.
Languages / Frameworks:
- Ethereum / Solidity
- VueJS / NodeJS
- Git / Cloud Deployment / CI/CD
- Familiarity with key sharding and multi-party computation is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is a bonus
If you are an experienced Blockchain Engineer with high-level expertise in wallet architecture, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a brief description of your experience and qualifications.
We are start-up working in the digital space, currently lean but ambitious. Our first product is a compliant cryptocurrency exchange built from the ground up to meet the strong regulatory framework of the next generation of digital asset trading. We are building a digital asset exchange that values and lives by core principles of transparency and accountability, with verifiable segregated funds and a cautious and safety-centric approach with user funds.
We want to usher in the next era and build digital asset trading 2.0.
What We Offer:
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation to the internet of value.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live.
- For the right candidate, an equity offer can be guaranteed after a probationary period.
Our hiring process consists of 3 different stages:
- Founder Interview: If we like your initial application, expect to schedule an interview with the founder. This interview will focus on getting to know you a bit more and will focus on explaining the culture of the project. We want to know more about why you want to join our team, how you feel about our mission and cryptocurrency now and how it fits into your overall career plan to make sure this is the right place for you.
- Technical Review: A deep dive on your technical experiences, as well as a technical discussion.
- Technical Assessment: A technical assignment which you could finish over a weekend – we will share our current proposed solution that we are working on with you, and ask you for feedback and a proposal on how you would build it, implement it, and improve it. (Note: in a scenario where we don’t move forward together after this, we will be happy to agree an hourly or daily rate for time spent on this task – we will never ask for technical expertise for free.)