We are looking for a Quantitative Associate to add financial expertise to our team and help develop and improve our core product interBTC (cross-chain algorithmic stablecoin pegged to and physically redeemable 1:1 for BTC).
As a Quantitative Associate, you will develop a deep understanding of our products and become the go-to person for questions on financial aspects thereof. Your ultimate goal will be to help us optimize the earning potential for our users while maximzing profits for network operators (“Vaults”). This will involve market and product research, interacting with other protocols, developing investment and liquidity mining strategies - and playing an active role during product design.
You are our perfect candidate if you have a strong track record of working with a hedge fund, investment bank, or a DeFi protocol. You are self-managed and used to working in a high-tech (remote) environment, and not afraid of learning to use new tech/tools. You are passionate about the opportunities of decentralized finance but also wary of its challenge and able to see through hype and FUD - and ready to deep-dive (or already have) into this fast-paced industry. And, last but not least, you are able and have the patience to lay out financial concepts to founders and members of the tech team in non-expert terms.
What you will do
- Provide financial expertise during product development and improvement cycles to qauntify earning potentials and financial risks
- Analise market (and blockchain) data to identify meaningful trends and opportunities for us as a business and for our network stakeholders
- Identify product and integration opportunities between Interlay’s and other DeFi products (AMMs, lending markets, stablecoins) and assist with prioritizing our integrations roadmap
- Develop token and liquidity mining programs to bootstrap trading activity for both interBTC and other network tokens
- Assist in risk management analysis of interBTC collateral assets and DeFi integrations
- At least two years working in a hedge fund, investment bank, or a DeFi protocol
- A excellent understanding of derivatives (options, futures) and structured financial instruments such as CDOs
- A data-driven approach to problem-solving using Python, R, or other programming languages
- A degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Physics, Quantitative Finance, or a related field with relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills focussed cross-functional collaboration with the executive, product, and development teams
- Experience in contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publications in relevant journals or conferences
- Ability to operate and work effectively in a remote setting
Nice to have
- Previous experience in crypto and/or in a startup is a strong positive (but not a must)
- Understanding of the risks of decentralized applications
We are an early-stage blockchain startup, envisioning a future anyone can use any digital asset on any blockchain, trustless and without limitations. Our flagship product is interBTC - a 1:1 Bitcoin-backed asset, collateralized, interoperable, and censorship-resistant. interBTC enables everyone to invest, earn and pay with BTC on any blockchain, realizing the true free nature of Bitcoin and decentralized finance.
We are a team of 20 (and growing), distributed globally across Europe (primary time zone), North America, and Asia.
We live decentralization and transparency. We’re 100% remote, all our code is open source, our products are community-owned and backed by top-tier research. We are dedicated contributors to advancing Bitcoin & blockchain tech since 2015 and believe in the potential of a community-owned financial system, through hype and FUD.
- Research-oriented team
- Solve novel problems
- Stock options
- Remote working
- 30-day vacation
- Allowance for a co-working space
- Yearly retreat