Investment Analyst (Blockchain)
Logos is a movement supporting the development of the decentralised web. Logos technologies lay the foundations for a freer internet upon which communities can evolve into network states. Each protocol in the Logos stack seeks to empower its users while upholding civil liberties and fundamental freedoms.
- Research the market and identify, qualify and perform deep-dive analysis on new web3 investment opportunities, both including tradeable tokens and early-stage VC-style investments;
- Gather information from industry experts and be an SME within the team for industry and market trends;
- Screen for deals, conduct calls with management teams, and prepare call notes;
- Prepare investment memos for review and decision;
- Execute and then monitor agreed investments, providing reports and updates as required by the organisation;
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers in other projects, foundations and venture capital firms.
You ideally will have:
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology;
- A strong alignment to our principles;
- Strong financial maths skills, including cash flow modelling, investment valuation techniques, return metrics, APY;
- Outstanding research and analytical skills;
- Ability to produce well designed and structured written materials with clear messaging and decision points;
- At least 1 year of professional investment experience (in the field of investment analysis of a Cryptocurrency Organisation, Venture Capital, Private Equity or Investment Banking Company);
- Hands-on experience trading crypto assets (and be willing to provide evidence of this);
- A deep understanding of DeFi and its underlying technology;
- A security mindset and knowledge and experience of risk management, including how to identify, quantify and hedge relevant risks.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience working for an open-source organisation;
- You have working knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Python) and developer tools and workflows (e.g. Markdown, Git);
- You have experience of end-to-end deal making, from research of opportunities to final execution of the deal.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
- Introduction call with the Talent team
- Interview with Head of Finance and Finance team member
- Paid project (2-3 hours of work)
- Interview co-founder
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto.
Note: A background check might by required for this role.