Senior UX/UI Designer
Synthetix is a decentralized derivatives liquidity protocol built on Ethereum and Optimism, with hundreds of millions in supporting collateral, powering an ecosystem of other protocols. The Synthetix protocol enables synthetic assets (Synths) in projects across its native interfaces as well as third-party platforms like 1inch and Curve, averaging $1.5b in monthly volume. We are a global community of stakeholders across many functions, working together to innovate how value is transferred on the internet.
Synthetix is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to help scope, design and build the various touch points across the ecosystem. The network has many critical onboarding and engagement flows, and your input will help visualize product experiences for tens of thousands of users.
We’re globally distributed and driven by startup values - we iterate fast, test often and automate wherever possible.
- Collaborative in approach and happy to work with others on multiple projects
- Intellectually curious and enjoys creating and responding fast
- Driven to push forward the nascent sector of web3 design
- Happy to work remotely and manage their own office environment - aka wildly self motivated
- A Design System advocate in conjunction with designers, and other teams, moving toward one single source of truth
- Willing to be flexible with availability to accommodate the fast-paced nature of the cryptocurrency market
- Open to occasional travel for events
- Available for a full-time position
- Experience shipping UX/UI designs for complex digital products (desktop & mobile)
- Designed information-intensive interfaces - e.g. trading, finance, fintech, analytics
- Proficiency conducting user testing studies, research and extrapolating requirements to conduct validation
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and building clickable prototypes for testing
- Proficiency in UX tools for research and testing
- A strong eye for aesthetics, layout, information architecture, typography and iconography
- Used Synthetix and/or other DeFi products
- Basic knowledge of using crypto wallets and transactions
Nice to Have:
- Track record in crypto, web3 or consumer finance
- Working experience with front-end web technologies, including HTML, CSS, JS and React
- An entrepreneurial track record
- Give you more freedom than you thought sensible
- Pay in sUSD/USDC and SNX
- Provide a platform for sharing your talents with a global audience
- Pay for travel expenses to events & offsites
- Connect you to a thriving community
- Make you feel welcome!
If the above sounds interesting and you’d like to talk please contact email@example.com.