Rift is a remote-first, global tech startup with a New York City office.
We are building at the cutting edge of Web3 and DeFi, developing a computing platform that allows smart contracts to control resources outside the domain of blockchains, helping entities in the crypto domain become “real world” actors.
We are developing this platform following the launch of our first decentralized app, Rift.Finance, which has already processed over $70M leading to our $18M Series A fundraise from top investors including Pantera, Two Sigma Ventures, Coinbase Ventures alongside angel investors including Stani Kulechov (founder of Aave), Sandeep Nailwal (cofounder of Polygon) and more.
We are looking for outstanding Software Engineers to help us:
- Develop our core software stack from the design stage all the way to production ready implementations.
- Design crypto-economic protocols for coordinating agents in distributed networks.
- Improve the design of peer’s architecture through thoughtful feedback.
- Contribute to open-source projects and play a role in building out the crypto ecosystem at large.
- Develop SDKs that abstract away the complexity of our software stack into a simplified user-friendly toolkit.
- 3+ years of experience in a backend software engineering role.
- Significant experience with a systems language like Go (preferred), Rust, or C++.
- Extensive experience managing the software development life cycle for medium to large projects.
- Experience building and maintaining a production system at scale.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or similar cloud providers.
- Basic knowledge/ interest in Web3/ DeFi.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (in USD or crypto).
- Early start-up equity.
- Work on an innovative project pushing the frontier of internet and finance.
- Culture of autonomy and ownership in a fast-paced, flat organization.
- Opportunity to learn new programming languages like Solidity.
- Quarterly off-sites for the whole team.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Laptop and hardware for work.
- Medical care, life policy, sports card.
If you are looking to join a passionate, deeply technical team and leverage your abilities to develop software that levels the playing field for people across the globe join us at Rift.
This role is offered by Recursive Labs, an open source R&D company building protocols, tools, and services for the future internet. The team is contributing to the Rift ecosystem.