DeFi Quant Researcher
Vesta the largest native stablecoin protocol on Arbitrum having seen >$1B in total volume. Besides contributing to the stablecoin protocol, our team is looking to expand the Vesta ecosystem with a suite of new products. Our team is based in Vancouver with the option to be partially or fully remote depending on the position.
Vesta is looking for a DeFi financial engineer to join the research team. The candidate should hold a PhD or masters degree in disciplines related to economics and finance. The position is remote-optional, with the recommended option to be in person in our Vancouver office.
- Research current DeFi primitives including AMMs, lending protocols, NFT marketplaces, among others.
- Work on cutting-edge research projects in market economics, mechanism design, trading systems and risk frameworks.
- Writing research proposals and white papers that cater to experts and non-specialists.
- Build new platforms and product suites under the Vesta brand.
- Develop strong industry and company knowledge.
- Masters or PhD preferably in disciplines related to math, economics and finance.
- Interest in research topics in decentralized finance, crypto-economics and blockchain in general.
- Prior experience in crypto and preferably DeFi in designing and prototyping trading systems and risk framework.
- Ability to independently design and execute research plans to answer conceptual questions and quantify solutions.
- Collaborative teamwork skills and ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing.
- Ability to program in Python and knowledge of advanced machine learning libraries is an advantage.
Submit your resume and examples of your work and writing on DeFi topics (ex: Github, Medium)
Vesta’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged time off, with annual education stipend, health & fitness stipend and traveling stipend, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, home office setup stipend for remote employees and daily lunches at Vancouver office (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Vesta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability (including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, and asexuality), veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, reproductive health decision making or any other protected category.