Head of Esports
Who are we?
BlackPool is looking for a Head of Esports to lead and guide BlackPool players towards high-level objectives in the web3 gaming industry. Versatile, he defines and executes Esport planning (finding games and strategies to optimise results), handle administrative and HR tasks (sponsors, registrations for tournaments, compensation follow-up…), and work directly with BlackPool management to ensure the cohesion of the overall strategy. This person is a passionate and engaging person that lives web3 gaming.
As a visionary, they are interested in the possibilities of the Esports business within the blockchain landscape, and love to find, attract and retain the best players to compete in some of the most outstanding games of the web3 ecosystem.
BlackPool is a community-owned fund operating within the NFT industry: managing a range of assets from sports cards to game items to digital art. We are well known for our early success in Sorare, as the leading football manager since the inception of the game.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with BlackPool R&D team to find the best games for BlackPool to compete at the highest level,
- Hire and retain the best players to compete in these games and maximise returns on investment for BlackPool,
- Supervise BlackPool players on a daily basis,
- Address pressing concerns of players and teams promptly, with the help of HR and top management,
- Maintain constant communication with, and report to, BlackPool management,
- Coordinate with other BlackPool departments for all player requests, including but not limited to advisory services to third parties, social media posts, sponsored content, interviews, photo sessions, video sessions, AMAs, Discord events, and others,
- Assist BlackPool Marketing team in communicating with clients, partners, media outlets, fan groups, tournament organisers, and other third parties,
- Be able to anticipate and act on game-changing features promptly,
- Build on existing games to grow into a bigger vertical, improve the team’s appeal and influence, and find strategies to ramp up the activity around a game or game genre.
What you bring:
- Excellent knowledge/familiarity with the esport scene - if you’ve lived, worked, or actively followed eSports.
- Excellent communication skills whether via email, face-to-face, or presentations.
- Proactive and a self-starter - you set priorities and don’t wait for problems.
- Familiar with tournament design.
- All about the players - as a player yourself, you’re always working to give other players the best experience possible
- Strategic, with an analytical background.
- Fluent in English
- Positive attitude and mature interpersonal skills.