Menai Financial Group
Menai Financial Group (“Menai”) is an emerging leader in the transformational digital asset class. Menai was founded with one mission: to bridge the traditional world of finance and the new world of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
Headquartered in New York, Menai is an asset management firm offering sophisticated investment solutions in the digital asset space to institutional investors.
We believe that emerging blockchain technology and digital assets have the potential to disrupt traditional finance – unlocking significant market efficiencies, powering the next generation of financial products, and increasing global access to secure, transparent, and equitable financial services.
As a growing company, Menai is forward looking, cutting edge and nimble – focused on building a highly scalable business with growth potential, while minimizing market, operational and reputational risk. We are guided by a culture of excellence, unimpeachable integrity and authenticity.
Menai offers its employees the opportunity to:
- Build and share in the upside of a new and energetic company,
- Participate in an emerging technology and asset class,
- Work in an intellectually stimulating and collaborative work environment
- And change the world for the better.
Summary of Role
The Operations Manager will report to the Head of Asset Management and be responsible for operational activities that support the Menai Asset Management Group.
Candidate will be responsible for establishing and managing the Funds’ internal operational processes and procedures to ensure the business is being managed with the appropriate checks and balances regarding operational risk.
The Operations Manager will also be tasked with implementing and managing the key external banking and cryptocurrency provider relationships and partnerships (i.e. prime brokers, exchanges, bank counterparties and external vendors) that will enable the execution of Menai Asset Management’s business objectives regarding movement of fiat and crypto currencies globally.
- Serve as the subject matter expert responsible for leading and managing all operational support for the asset management business, including legal/compliance, exchanges, and external vendors.
- Manage all banking, custody, prime brokerage, and exchange relationships, including integration and implementation with banking operations partners globally.
- Manage downstream exception management related to reconciliations with the trading desk, banks, and other external partners.
- Manage daily operational tasks, such as:
- Position reconciliations for daily activities between the trading desks, external counterparties, and exchanges
- Handling of all payments processing (fiat and crypto)
- Ensuring adherence to legal and compliance requirements
- Investigations regarding exception management
- NAV calculation and validation with Fund Administrator
- Mid-Month and End-of-Month reporting and funds closure
- External vendor management including any licensing issues.
- 5+ years experience with at least 2 years of crypto experience desired.
- Structured thinker who understands how to operationalize new businesses; problem solver who can organize and implement new processes and work with technology on creating operational platforms.
- Experience in Asset Management; Crypto experience preferred.
- Well-versed in the dynamics of the payments world and how banks and vendors operate
- Willingness to be hands-on in a rapidly growing startup and able to continue to grow and adapt as the business evolves and demands new thinking and levels of performance
- Clear communicator who sets direction and manages to specific goals and deliverables, both internally and externally
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Products: Funds Digital Assets
- Positions Management and controls
- Trades Settlements (OTC and direct on exchanges)
- NAV calculation
- Fund Costs Management
- Fund Closure
- Digital Assets and inventory management and exposure (Blockchain wallets and custodians)
- Knowledge in:
- Blockchain Transfers
- Blockchain wallets
- Blockchain Networks fess and speed
What Menai Has to Offer
- Collaborative, owner-mentality, start-up culture
- Collegial office environment that values hard work, productivity and inclusivity
- Flexible, hybrid work schedule
- Equity ownership opportunity
- Healthcare subsidized by the firm
- Convenient Midtown NYC location
- New York Base Salary Range: $90,000 - $150,000