Zapper is a dashboard and discovery tool for Decentralized Finance (DeFi), NFTs and DAOs. Our mission is to make Web3 accessible and easy to use. We aim to improve the decentralized economy by helping creators and developers grow their communities and by opening doors for newcomers whose perspectives will enhance and accelerate the transition to Web3.
At Zapper, we are optimistic about our decentralized future. We prioritize safety and create opportunities for all to join us in building towards this vision.
It is an exciting time to work at Zapper. Our platform has over 500k active monthly users and we recently exceeded $13 billion in total transaction volume. In May 2021, we announced our $15 million Series A round, and we are growing our team to advance a number of ambitious projects.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer you’ll play a central role in enabling data-driven decision making across the business. You will work horizontally with the infra team, across multiple products (NFT, DeFi), to develop the data infrastructure needed to support business objectives. This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide variety of data challenges and have a direct impact on the success of the company and users of the Web3 community.
We strive to build a team that is welcoming and diverse, representing a wide variety of perspectives and backgrounds. That is why we are committed to providing all current and prospective team members with equitable opportunities regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, age, and physical ability.
We want to provide a barrier-free hiring process. If you require accommodation while completing your application or during the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know through our hiring contact.
- Setting up foundations for data science infrastructure
- Aggregate and index large datasets
- Index blockchain data (E.g. daily volume change for Uniswap pools)
- Scale and improve our activity feed feature
- Write algorithms to identify spam and wash trading
- Build recommendations for trending tokens, DeFi protocols, nfts, users to follow, etc…
- Build user facing analytics systems
- Experience with Apache Beam (Dataflow)
- Google cloud technologies such as PubSub, BigQuery
- ETL pipelines
- Good experience with PostgreSQL
- Machine learning
The following will make you stand out as a candidate:
- Ethereum knowledge (Solidity, etc…)
- Apache airflow
- Experience with time series systems