Front end Engineer
Our mission is to make markets universally fair and accessible.
Who is UMA?
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We have built an optimistic oracle for web3, and are building a robust ecosystem around that core solution. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this.
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to lead the effort on turning design into reality across a variety of projects. This role requires the dynamism to work on quick proof-of-concept projects or within a methodical product development cycle depending on the objective.
As a frontend engineer working with our core optimistic oracle, you will guide and shape the user experience across the UMA dApps and be an integral part of how people interact with our product. This will require sharp time management skills and the ability to scope and triage your own work in collaboration with your fellow engineers and product team.
- Work closely with your product team: designers, other engineers, and product owners to scope and build fresh, delightful dApps that allow users to interact with smart contracts.
- Expand on the work of other developers by diving into existing codebases to add features or fix bugs.
- Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. In depth reviews of others’ contributions is expected with a focus on helping others grow their technical expertise.
- Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years full-time experience with frontend development in React.
- Strong understanding of React or alternative frontend framework.
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomic protocol design, game theory, or decentralized finance.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code.
- Preferred to have experience with the following technologies (in order of importance): React, Ethers.js, Typescript, NextJS and Vercel, Ethereum and Smart Contracts
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom.
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
- UMA’s pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options. Salaries range from $100-200K and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
Still want to know more?
- Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn talent from Google, Ernst & Young, IBM and Goldman Sachs. We’re a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
- We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed at UMA if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about building impactful tools to make finance more equitable.
- UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
- You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.
Risk Labs is the employing entity and is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.