Sr. Dev/ Tech Lead
About New Order
New Order is a community-driven venture DAO with a focus on building DeFi startups through Incubation and Acceleration. In contrast to traditional venture platforms that provide capital, we instead offer valuable resources, expertise, and essentially act as a Co-Founder.
New Order was created with the vision of being a self-governing venture platform positioned to facilitate the edge-of-the-edge of DeFi. We believe that the immense opportunities of decentralised finance can only be rendered through embracing collaboration, non-segregation, and multi-chain at its core.
One of New Order’s incubated projects is building a DAO tooling platform that integrates with a full suite of applications that will be used in day to day DAO operations. The project is looking for an experienced early stage tech lead to guide the project’s technical architecture and strategy.
- A proven background in designing and building reliable, scalable and testable end-to-end Web2.0/Web2.5/Web3.0 architecture
- Experience with full-stack decentralised application development
- Experience with building and integrating with APIs
- Demonstrated experience leading remote-first, distributed development teams
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams in web2 and/or web3 industry;
- Interest and experience in Decentralized Finance and DAO would be an asset.
- Entrepreneurship experience would be an asset
- Experience with production blockchain projects or SaaS projects
- Experience with Ethereum, EVM, Cosmos SDK, or CosmWasm would be an asset
- Experience working on scaling up B2B, SaaS products would be an asset
- Take ownership of the technical side of the project including architecture, devops, and deployment on EVM and non-EVM chains
- Designing a reliable and scalable product architecture
- Prioritising different external feature/product requests based on technical feasibility, business impact and team capacity
- Participating in and driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and implementation for new features using Cosmos SDK
- Participating in code reviews and audit.
- Minimizing tech debt while strategically pushing for progress with new product features.
- Managing the engineering team to unlock their full potential following the best development practice
- Leading the team hiring roadmap and identifying the needs of the team proactively
- Lead the team to ensure we maintain standards for documentation, code quality, and quality assurance
- Track velocity towards key milestones, while making it visible to the wider team and community using Github, Jira, and Google Workspace
- Act as the tech leader of the project, engage in external communications/speaking engagement