Fidelity Digital Assets
Team Lead, Quant/ Crypto & Token Research Development
We are seeking a Team Leader of Crypto and Token Research Development to join our Quantitative Research & Investments Technology team. This newly created senior role will lead a small team of quantitative developers partnering and supporting the Crypto and Token Research team in Asset Management. They will work on data and technical frameworks for the evaluation of tokens, and the associated blockchain protocols, that form the basis of the rapidly evolving Crypto and DeFi economy.
Partner with other Fidelity business and technology leaders to identify and define strategic priorities based on an understanding of business value needs and enable execution of these initiatives. Actively bring new ideas, approaches, and insights to improve the contributions of your team and enable them to develop new skills and capabilities. Committed to ongoing development of your own expertise and knowledge to bring the latest capabilities and thinking to your team to empower others with that knowledge.
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading, and Investment Operations functions!
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Player/ Coach role, 60% of your day coding in Python and SQL 40% Senior level experience defining roadmaps and leading the development of solutions and offerings aligned with and in support of the strategic direction of the business.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in financial engineering, technology and quantitative functions with practical experience in the DeFi or crypto ecosystems development
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or computational field such as Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Familiarity with advanced quantitative techniques and methods, statistics, econometrics – including probability, linear regression, time series data analysis and optimizations.
- Strong background in technology relevant to blockchain and DeFi
- Hands on with developing and designing the complete technical solution with emphasis on engineering practices and automation.
- Experience with Java and Python and one or more of the following: micro-services and RESTful APIs, SpringBoot,
- Strong experience in system architecture, design patterns and software engineering fundamentals such as OOP, functional programming, data modeling.
- Experience working on AWS/Azure cloud environment and working knowledge of CI/CD & DevOps
- Advanced understanding of data structures
- Proven ability to design highly scalable and very performative systems
- Proven ability to capture requirements and formulate plans by partnering with various stakeholders
- Strategic resource planning and talent allocation across large organizations
- Proven experience engaging with senior internal and external clients and partners
- Agile leadership experience or working knowledge of agile organizational models preferred
- Inspirational people leader, capable of setting strategic direction and encouraging others to deliver results and impact to achieve that strategy.
- Commitment to building a balance of technology and non-technology skills to fully appreciate the broad needs of our customers.
- Collaborate with senior leaders in AM Tech to propagate best practice to ensure the culture and continue to support attraction, retention, and development of talent
- Very good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills to influence decisions and engage across Fidelity and at all levels of the organization
- Lead highly responsive teams handling engineering critical issues from the day-to-day rigors of an operationally critical analytic environment
- Senior level experience on planning development of team capabilities as well as identifying and acquiring strategic talent