Fidelity Digital Assets
Product Development Lead
We are seeking an experienced product developer with a strong crypto research background to help Fidelity develop innovative investment solutions in digital assets. This person plays a critical role in driving product success by researching and staying in front of digital assets and crypto market trends, crypto market innovations and relevant product opportunities. This individual will also be involved in helping to shape and iterate upon the product development process. This will include the both the execution of the near-term product pipeline as well as the ability to influence the long-term strategic product vision and roadmap.
This role reports to the Head of Product & Strategy for Fidelity Digital Asset Management (FDAM). FDAM is the digital asset management arm for Fidelity responsible for developing, managing, and trading digital assets investment products. Our team members are passionate students of the industry, incurably curious and dedicated to delivering the best digital assets investment products and experience that we can for Fidelity’s clients.
The Purpose of the Role
- Stay ahead of the curve in digital asset investing and product trends, competitive landscape analysis and to collect business intelligence for product idea generation.
- Develop product ideas into concrete product proposals by conducting research on the investment thesis, structural considerations and portfolio construction.
- Collaborate with the research team to set the agenda and deliverables to support product design, backtesting and portfolio construction.
- Maintain FDAM product priorities and roadmap. Proactively engage with stakeholders to manage expectation, timeline, and resource needs.
- Evaluate existing product suite and drive changes if necessary to ensure they are current, commercially viable and delivering the desired solutions for clients.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in investment product research and development roles with solid understanding of the product development process and end investor needs.
- 3+ years of crypto experience with a solid understanding of market trends, innovations and regulatory considerations that could affect product development opportunities.
- Solid knowledge of the competitive landscape for crypto investment products, investment criteria and regulatory framework in US.
- Deep understanding of the digital asset ecosystem, taxonomy and metrics that are relevant for token valuation.
- Strong relationship with the crypto native community to identify trends and opportunities that could inform product strategy decisions.
- Active user of crypto products, data and research tools with analytical skills to test product ideas.
- Strong track record of collaborating with others and working effectively in a team environment to guide decision-making, issue resolution, managing risks, and building consensus.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.