Fidelity Digital Assets
Product Area Leader
The Product Area Leader will own the team responsible for the development, management, contribution to product capability strategy, budgeting, and execution. You deliver on strategic investment capabilities needed to complete FDAM’s strategic product roadmap for digital asset investment products and services. You will collaborate and work closely with business partners across FDAM, AM Technology and other functions to articulate product priorities, define funding / capacity needs and handle dependencies as per go to market timelines. Furthermore, this person will be responsible to empower, enable a global workforce and ensure support and mechanism to promote an innovative way across all associates. You will interact regularly with senior leaders across the FDAM business and Fidelity and you have validated experience and a track record of excelling in sophisticated, cross-functional investment product capability delivery, efficiently communicating, and influencing people, ensuring visibility in progress and outcomes to name a few attributes. This role reports into the Domain Lead for FDAM Technology.
The Skills and Expertise You Bring
- Work with Heads of FDAM product strategy to supply and complete the development of investment capabilities for the FDAM business, including prioritization of new investment capabilities and products to be developed in alignment business goals.
- Lead, empower and enable a team of squad leads across the globe to interact with business, develops a strong understanding of the business and enabling a tight integration to innovate and complete priorities.
- Serve as a SME for market developments, driven environment, and growth trends in ecosystem leading to applicability of products / services and newer concepts to further FDAM objectives.
- Partner with FDAM Product Group to create alignment and coordination of new product development priorities.
- Influence, partner and collaborate with internal team members including legal, risk, compliance, technology, operations, and other enterprise functions to ensure alignment to Fidelity standard methodologies and Enterprise strategies.
- Lead and enable team in communicating product design, roadmap, process, resources, and clarity in progress.
- Define success measures and critical metrics in line with FDAM goals and objectives while ensuring that implementation of engineering standard methodologies through established critical metrics is a top priority to mitigate technology risk.
- Successful collaboration with Chapter Area Leaders to arrive at the appropriate budget, delivery timelines and ensuring knowledge share of domain and tech across the FDAM organization.
- 15+ years of experience working in the financial services industry, preferably in asset management and/or wealth management, including experience in developing products in the digital asset space.
- 3+ years direct experience in blockchain and smart contract technology, DeFi & crypto and digital asset investment products.
- Product management certification, MBA, or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
- Development experience in one or more of Portfolio Management Solutions, Order Management / execution system aligned to the demands of the on-chain and crypto ecosystem
- Proven ability of strategizing around people, process and technology for a 24 by 7 “Tier 0” product ecosystem.
- Intellectually curious with a passion for financial markets and innovation, being at the forefront of developing innovative products in the new digital economy.
- Experience in providing competitor insights across the broad crypto and digital asset management landscape to leverage or develop innovative and market-leading solutions across multiple client segments and distribution channels.
- Collaborative relationships across the crypto and blockchain community.
- Experience leading and developing seasoned professionals; demonstrated management experience in leading a successful team through rapid growth.
- Refined leadership and influence skills, strategic and critical thinking skills, excellent judgment, and decision-making skills, and professional maturity, confidence, presence, and initiative.
- Strong background collaborating and working effectively in a distributed team environment to guide decision-making, issue resolution, leading risks, and building consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams across the globe to ensure all have access to business leaders’ subject matter expertise to enable better solutions.
- Ability to crisply articulate sophisticated concepts in a digestible manor to senior audiences with poise and confidence.
Fidelity Digital Asset Management [FDAM] is the investment platform offering digital asset products and services crafted to meet the growing needs of Fidelity’s retail customers and intermediary and institutional clients.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.