Full-Stack Lead Developer (Remote)
BlackPool Finance is looking for a full-stack lead developer to master everything from improving and maintaining blackpool.finance website, to developing smart contracts and proof of concepts to better take advantage of available data on the blockchain, driving research efforts on technical topics on behalf of the lab, and eventually building a team of developers to fuel BlackPool’s growth.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to be the first developer of BlackPool finance, one of the most successful NFT funds in the space.
As a Full Stack lead developer, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, and implementation of our solutions, while actively contributing to the company’s growth with your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for the crypto industry.
You will join a dynamic group of passionate people with deep experience and commitment to setting the path in the Web3 space. If you are ready to bring all of your skills to bear and learn a whole lot, we want to talk to you!
Who we are?
BlackPool Finance is one of the leading funds in the NFT market. We manage a wide range of digital assets from sports cards to chess pieces in order to generate the highest yield in the industry. We are notably competitively playing and leading on Sorare (Fantasy Football, Basketball and Baseball) and Immortal Game (Chess). Our main focus is currently gaming, but we are exploring more verticals to add to our NFT fund, i.e. music.
BlackPool was created more than 2 years ago by an ambitious group of industry experts, crypto veterans and community builders, passionate about the web3 ecosystem. We are part of the Stake Capital Group, a venture fund run by a team of Blockchain and DeFi pioneers, focused on building the next generation companies in the web3 space.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, and maintain innovative blackpool.finance website, and crypto-related applications, including ERC-20 and NFT smart contracts that power BlackPool DAO
- Actively contribute to the growth and direction of the company, identifying opportunities for new products or improvements to existing solutions
- Provide in-depth research and analysis to the Lab within the context of advisory and research jobs on specific projects in web3
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in the web3 and NFT spaces, and apply this knowledge to enhance our products and services by providing technical overviews to the Lab, the research arm of the BlackPool
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code, adhering to established coding standards and guidelines.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, providing guidance and support to team members as needed.
- Proactively identify and address potential bottlenecks or challenges in the development process, proposing innovative solutions to overcome these obstacles.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in full-stack development, with knowledge of Solidity and the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Proficiency in NextJs: Candidates should have a deep understanding of NextJs framework and its concepts, such as server-side rendering, static site generation, and dynamic routing.
- Knowledge of API call and GraphQL: Candidates should have experience in creating and consuming RESTful APIs using libraries such as Axios, Fetch, or GraphQL.
- Familiarity with Solidity: Candidates should have a basic understanding of blockchain technology and its underlying principles, along with experience in writing smart contracts using Solidity language.
- Experience with version control: Candidates should be familiar with version control systems like Git and be able to work collaboratively using Git-based workflows.
- In addition to the prerequisite skills and knowledge, the candidate may also be required to work with codebases that are not written in these technologies. For example, the candidate may be required to work with VueJs, Python, or other programming languages and frameworks.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt and innovate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively both independently and within a remote-first team.
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset, with a passion for driving growth and leading new initiatives without any oversight from the management team
The ideal candidate is flexible, highly motivated and approachable. You are resilient and perfectly capable of speaking the truth at all times – even to those you report into. At BlackPool we believe success is a function of open and honest feedback in all directions.
You are kind and encouraging and willing to show up everyday playing to win and striving to be the best of the best.
BlackPool Finance is where you come to make your wildest dreams a reality, not to disappear in the crowd. We are looking for standout players who are self-motivated and unflappable.