Lead Developer (PHP) / Tech Lead
We are looking for a senior and motivated backend developer who is experienced in programming in PHP, Symfony and/or Laravel. You have experience working with two-sided marketplaces, developing APIs, payments and/or e-commerce platforms.
You’ll be working together with a motivated, talented, and experienced product team (previously worked at Booking.com, Samsung and Adidas), and participate in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond. For example, you’ll develop APIs for integrating with external tools and blockchain networks.
The ideal candidate enjoys problem-solving, is hands-on, and proactive - seeking business and user requirements to clearly scope, define and estimate potential options for developing features and technical capabilities to help the business reach it’s goals. You aren’t afraid to seek clarify if there is ambiguity on requirements, and ideally user customer-centric, so can put yourself in the shoes of the user to help define optimal business logic.
There is a ton of autonomy in this role and lots of opportunities to grow within the role and with the company. You’ll work on a range of exciting projects from shipping new payment and login features to improve the buying experience for collectors on the marketplace, to exploring how to build or integrate tooling to help automate and scale the onboarding of new creators who want to join our marketplace.
You have a good understanding and experience developing scalable service-oriented architecture, experience creating servers and databases optimally for storage, reliability and performance, and experience designing and developing APIs.
This role is fully remote, but it’s important that you can work within the same time zone as the product team who work during the CET timezone.
- 8+ years experience in backend software development, with at least 5 years using PHP.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Very advanced level of understanding with PHP. Bonus points if you have experience with Symfony and/or Laravel.
- Good problem-solving skills, you’re confident in debugging and understanding the root cause of issues.
- Extensive experience developing services and APIs.
- Good understanding of database technology such as MySQL.
- Good understanding and experience developing scalable service-oriented architecture.
- Experienced in writing tests and monitoring the launch of new features.
- Ability to communicate fluently with your team members in English.
- Know how to create good documentation to enable clients and stakeholders to understand how to use and benefit from your development solutions.
- Attention to detail.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Symfony and/or Laravel.
- Experience with developing in Solidity or Rust.
- Strong interest in blockchain technology.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for equity
- Freedom to work remote
- Coworking space allowance
- An ambitious, collaborative and talented team to support you in building the future of the web
- Flat-hierarchy, and tons of autonomy
- A fun journey in a fast-growing domain
- International team-building events
- All the tech gear you need to get your best work done