Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
As Business Strategist you will be responsible for developing and executing strategic initiatives that drive the successful launch and/or growth of our web3 mobile and desktop applications. As someone who is self - driven, autonomous and comfortable navigating ambiguity; your expertise in web3 technology and business strategy will be crucial in positioning our products and achieving sustainable market adoption.
- Identify & develop strategies to deliver value to our token, SNT, through an increase in the utility of our platform and by meeting the needs of our users.
- Conduct quantitative market research and translate intelligence into guidance for growth models & project lead prioritisation.
- Quickly and deeply understand the current state of the Status app, and create/refine key business models to accelerate adoption and user growth.
- Benchmark our offering against key competitors, and define our USPs. Understand why our successful competitors are gaining traction and user growth.
- Define realistic time-boxed goals for user growth & revenue.
- Enable prioritisation of development features and milestones through analysis and understanding of user needs, especially where potential revenue streams are provided.
- Proactively push thinking around product partnerships and other strategic initiatives that can lead to user growth and revenue.
What you bring:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Business strategy or similar field
- Solid domain experience in, and knowledge of the blockchain ecosystem.
- Highly analytical with strong technical skills (programming experience is a bonus!)
- Working in a startup environment where you’ve led strategy, but also rolled up your sleeves.
- Proactively push thinking around product partnerships and other strategic initiatives
- Previous team leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience in - or quick to get into the habit of - being productive through the means of asynchronous communication
- Experience with statistical programming in Python or R
The expected compensation range for this role is $150,000- $180,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process).
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper from our Talent team
- Interview with Carl, Status Co-founder
- Interview with Jarrad, Status Co-founder
- Interview with John, Product Strategist
- Compensated Task
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Get to know us:
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation’s priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 150+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That’s why everything we do is completely public to the entire community.