Senior Python Software Engineer - Web3, DeFi
Clearmatics is a blockchain protocol engineering company that builds decentralised financial market infrastructures that are more open, efficient, and resilient than those serving legacy market structures of today.
We have a bold vision for this new market infrastructure - enabling market participants to solve currently unaddressed problems of the real economy, including “missing markets” problems. We aim to achieve our vision through technologies that allow peer-to-peer trading and settlement within new markets, and with digital assets whose values track real-world risk factors that currently have no suitable expression in legacy markets.
No matter the nature of a risk factor, whether macro-economic or relating to real-world metrics such as climate data, our mission is to make important risk factors tradable; by anyone, anywhere, without reliance on financial intermediaries. We are building this new infrastructure in collaboration with incredible trading and blockchain communities.
Clearmatics was founded in 2015, and we have ever since been committed advocates of Open Source development, and active participants in the blockchain and cryptography research communities. We’ve also been an active participant and supporter of decentralized infrastructure initiatives.
We’re growing our team and are looking for a Senior Python Software Engineer to join us and become part of our journey.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity with – and passion for – the space is key.
Some of the areas we tackle include blockchain infrastructure optimized for financial use-cases, protocols for specific applications (such as smart contract-based derivatives, synthetic assets, cryptocurrency stabilization, …), scalability and privacy through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets).
You will be responsible for building and maintaining the command-line tools, API servers, and Python SDKs that will be the primary interface for Autonity’s end-users. The apps, libraries, frameworks, and services that you develop will enable the creation of decentralised risk markets and a new market structure for DeFi on the Autonity blockchain.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 2+ years professional experience in Python software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong Python skills with experience in network and concurrent programming
- An understanding of Ethereum protocols and proof of stake consensus
- Experience developing REST APIs, backend services, and automated pipelines
- Proficiency with SQL databases, GraphQL sources, and time series data
- Good knowledge of Unix shell scripting and command-line tools
- Familiarity with CEX/DEX trade lifecycle and common DeFi protocols
- Excellent attention to detail and appreciation for software correctness
- Contributed code to open-source projects in the Web3 space
- Experience developing DeFi trading tools or frameworks
- Proficiency with Python scientific computing stack (NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter)
- Smart contract programming experience in Solidity
- Programming experience in a systems language like Go, Rust, or C++