Contango Digital Assets
Investment Analyst (Entry Level)
About Contango Digital Assets:
Contango Digital Assets is a crypto-native venture capital firm focused on fostering the growth and adoption of web3. We invest at the intersection of blockchain and AI. We also run an in house venture builder, focused on building products that make crypto more globally accessible. We aspire to have our products and our investments usher in the next billion people into web3.
About your role:
Contango is looking for a hungry, “crypto-native” individual with a deep love for the space, and proficient technical expertise. This is an entry level position. The ideal candidate will have experience with both financial and technical analysis, and be extremely passionate about web3 venture capital.
The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic, self-starter mentality, and a joy for researching and analysing new crypto companies and protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Math, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Exceptional written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills, as this Analyst will regularly engage with founders and the startup community.
- In-depth knowledge of blockchain technology, including experience in reviewing white papers and crypto projects.
- Analytical skills for investment decisions and ongoing collaboration with portfolio companies.
- Effective teamwork and self-guided work capabilities.
- Actively seeking out new investment prospects and assessing incoming leads by engaging with founders.
- Assisting the team in appraising potential investments through activities such as market research, product evaluations, competitive analysis, metric scrutiny, customer/user feedback, and technical due diligence.
- Working collaboratively with the team to provide support for Contango’s portfolio companies.
- Playing an integral role in the blockchain/cryptocurrency community by organising events, participating in local activities, and exploring avenues to enhance the strength of the Contango team.
- Overall support for the Managing Partners.