Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who we are
Co:Create enables innovative brands to unlock the power of their community.
Brands are fueled by our astonishingly simple community activation tools built on web3. With Co:Create, brands can now drive so much more than loyalty by offering all kinds of gamified, truly self owned rewards such as digital collectibles, drops, loyalty points, on-chain status and more.
We’ve raised a $25M seed round led by a16z crypto with participation from Packy McCormick of Not Boring, VaynerFund, Rarebreed Ventures, and notable angels at RTFKT, Tessera, OpenSea, CAA, Coinbase and BoysClub.
As Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will lead the architecture and implementation of the Co:Create web-app from both the front end and back end. You are also comfortable selling to clients and communicating with company stakeholders to help us build a stable, scalable product that has significant value. This role is meant for someone who desires to have significant ownership and meaningful impact within the web3 ecosystem.
You’ll get to
- Own features in the web-app end-to-end, from product definition, through implementation, testing and to deployment to production and contribute to writing the build specs for smaller features
- Communicate to new clients using both technical and non technical language to help sell the Co:Create web-app and its features
- Define the user experience of how a user interfaces with the Co:Create loyalty protocol
- Provide valuable feedback on both the front end and back end on how to expand upon current features and ideate new ones
- Integrate with partner APIs and client point-of-sale systems
Who we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack engineer.
- Experience working with Databases and NodeJS Applications
- Worked in a fast paced environment where you were shipping production-grade code while factoring in performance, accessibility and application design
- An eye for design and creative flare
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and comfortable speaking and selling to clients
- A motivated and driven self-starter
- A highly skilled developer with an ownership mentality
- Nice to have: Experience building web3 frontends, specifically contract experience and previous experience speaking to clients/company stakeholders
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote team (US time-zone based employees only at this time)
- Team offsites twice a year at locations across the country
- Health insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Unlimited vacation & paid time off
- $325/month in “get what you need” funds.
- A NFT Starter Pack, including money to grow your NFT collection
- Hate Monday meetings? so do we! We have a strong “no meetings” policy on Mondays.
Salary and Compensation
- Competitive salary, as well as lucrative equity and tokenomics incentives.
- Annual salary: $173,791 - $204,015
- Equity compensation: 0.14% - 0.20%
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture:
We own the work
- We have a bias for action: We make informed, bold decisions, using data when possible. (Get sh*t done!)
- We lean into our strengths: We each have superpowers and we strive to create an environment where individuals are able to do what they do best.
We own the team’s success
- We care personally, and challenge directly: We know and care about each other. We challenge each other to be better. We don’t care about being right, but getting right.
- We assume the best of one another: We trust in each other and our team that we are all communicating and acting with the best intentions in mind.
We own the customer’s success
- We earn our right to exist every day: We show the resilience and innovation needed to prove ourselves in an ever-evolving competitive market.
- We succeed, when our customers succeed: If our customers aren’t winning, neither are we.
We own the startup mentality
- We approach everything with curiosity: We seek to understand. We stretch beyond our personal areas of expertise. We learn as much as we can in a rapidly evolving space.
- We are optimistic, but realistic: We know we will be successful, but have a healthy respect for challenges we have to overcome.
- We are committed to a more inclusive future: Our team reflects our company mission of making web3 a more inclusive and welcoming space for everyone.
The Co:Create protocol is the first endeavor from Gesso Labs, a team of web3 entrepreneurs, engineers, artists, and operators. Gesso, (pronounced “Jesso”, the Italian word for chalk) is a primer applied to blank canvases that serves as the foundational layer all other paints adhere to. Our name speaks to what we aim to deliver: tooling and infrastructure that empowers creators to realize the promises of web3 - dynamic, decentralized experiences that benefit all participants.
We are backed by some of the best projects and technical minds in the space and we’re excited to have many of these partners along for the ride as investors, advisors and future users of the protocol.
We are a woman-led company and believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Candidates of all protected classes are encouraged to apply and we offer equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.