About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is a dedicated Web 3 accelerator founded in 2014 that works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 of the world’s leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures is seeking a Data Scientist to help its growing portfolio of Web3 startups to model and simulate token economical systems and stress test the decision making of their systems design choices and key assumptions.
You will oversee the end-to-end execution of modeling and simulating token and game ecosystems from start to finish, leveraging in-house specialists and network of partners.
As part of the Token Economies team, you will build on the several years of experience Outlier has developed in token design and token engineering, working with cutting edge DeFi and metaverse projects and evolving research in engineering complex token systems.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Deconstruct token economical systems and develop computational models (digital twins) and analytical tools on existing and/or own frameworks
- Derive scenarios, run simulations, visualize and analyze results
- Assist portfolio companies in applying developed models as well as deriving their own models for stress testing their designed systems and taken assumptions to support decision making process
- Research crypto economic system designs of decentralized protocols (e.g. layer 1 chains, DeFi) and metaverse games
- Monitor and analyze portfolio companies and their on-chain data to validate/recalibrate the designed models
- Collaborate with in-house experts to explore new designs on decentralized organizations and new methods/mechanics for token drops and distributions.
- Engage in the firm’s public speaking, research, and education initiatives.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a background in engineering, data science or applied mathematics.
- Has experience with machine learning, statistics, data engineering, analysis and visualization.
- Is knowledgeable about crypto, DeFi and financial principles in web3.
- Has strong skills in developing models and performing various numerical and statistical simulations.
- Is proficient in programming and worked with python, R or other similar languages.
- Be able to comfortably handle fast paced, multi-stakeholder projects, keeping founders and their partners to schedule and hands-on support in executing with diligence and pragmatism.
Nice to have:
- Is familiar with token ecosystems and their build-into decentralized applications.
- Has worked already with software frameworks like cadcad, machinations, gauntlet network.
- Has experience with complex (economical) systems modeling and simulations.
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership.
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
*Availability subject to specific circumstances.