Senior UI Engineer
Mycelium is a market-leading technology company leveraging blockchain technology to make financial markets more efficient. We build financial market infrastructure on public blockchains that is open, transparent, and accessible. We specialise in data provision and financial smart contracts. Mycelium has two core products leveraging financial smart contracts: Perpetual Swaps and Perpetual Pools.
We believe that the growing use of blockchains in financial technology will benefit everyone, and are committed to realising this vision.
As a UI Engineer you will build high quality user interfaces for a range of devices. You will have experience taking high-fidelity designs and implementing them in web apps and/or mobile applications. At Mycelium we aim to build a smooth and safe experience for our customers, and as such an understanding of cryptocurrency, wallets and specifically the status quo UX of existing non-custodial wallets is desirable.
A successful candidate will mirror many of Mycelium’s core values by being forward thinking, customer-obsessed, data-led, and motivated to take initiative with energy and confidence. Mycelium’s mission is to improve access and efficiency for financial markets globally, and by being part of our Engineering team you will play a vital role in executing this mission.
Our HQ is located in Brisbane, Australia but this position is open to those in the APAC region (remote work).
- Collaborate with design and other engineering team members to produce seamless experiences that customers feel confident interacting with.
- Ensure our mobile app is secure as we will be handling customer funds.
- Confidently provide your expert opinion to conversations and design pragmatic solutions to our problems.
- Create unified web and mobile applications for our product suite.
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- React Native experience or Native mobile development and React web experience.
- Familiarity with current trends of mobile app practices including security and usability.
- Experience shipping and maintaining production quality code.
- Able to identify and implement simple, pragmatic technical solutions.
- Ability to work proactively and handle self with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced environment.