About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is a dedicated Web 3 accelerator founded in 2014 that works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000 of the world’s leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
As the Communications Lead, you will lead and drive PR & communications strategy for Outlier Ventures. The Communications Lead will work closely with Jamie Burke (Outlier CEO) and Des Martin (Outlier CMO).
The role is remote, but a successful candidate will need to work UK office hours.
The position is full-time.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the entire communications strategy — from overseeing public relations plans, media planning, budgeting, measuring performance goals and reporting results.
- Become a spokesperson of Outlier Ventures and their portfolio
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on PR strategy and implementation
- Use your wealth of experience in media relations and contacts to place high-quality content such as press releases, feature articles, interviews, and infographics.
- Generate online media coverage for Outlier Ventures in all types of media.
- Stay up to date on upcoming cryptocurrency market trends, identify actionable insights, conduct competitor analysis and propose ideas and campaigns to drive company and communication goals.
- Build and support guesting funnels for all of Outlier’s content and marketing strands
- Manage external agencies as required.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 7+ years experience in Public Relations, ideally in the finance/crypto sector.
- You have an understanding of the blockchain/Metaverse landscape and crypto ethos as well as an insatiable appetite to learn more.
- Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Ability to provide high-level counsel to internal stakeholders about communications in different aspects including strategy, thought leadership building, media relations as well as issues and crisis management
- Proven track record of success in securing feature stories and business profiles for clients and managing client accounts
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects at once, as required
- Experience in managing and motivating a team, as well as contributing to overall company development
- You’re a self starter with strong time management and organisational skills
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership.
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership
*Availability subject to specific circumstances