Head of Community
Spin is a 360° decentralized trading platform built on NEAR Protocol, a reliable and scalable L1 solution that is one of the fastest growth blockchain ecosystems in DeFi. Spin’s mission is to offer a CEX-competitive experience to DeFi users: advanced trading and investment instruments, low fees, instant speed, and ultimate security with no compromise on user privacy. At the moment, Spin has released the on-chain Spot and Perpetual contracts trading and is to release decentralized option vaults in the near future.
What do we look for
As a rapidly growing product, we look for a few things across all hires we make at Spin, regardless of role or team: deep engagement, critical thinking, sound judgements, and a creative approach to non-standard challenges. Secondly, we’re interested in people constantly researching and learning something new, open to sharing their knowledge, and focused on constant performance optimization and improvement. We are on a thrilling journey and we invite you to join us.
About the Role
To further drive our growth and improve retention, we are looking for an experienced professional to create and execute Spin’s community-building strategy. You will initiate, manage, control, and optimize community events, manage your team of community managers and local community moderators, create communication guides, and work closely with the marketing and product teams. You will form the vision of what a vibrant community is and will become a superstar connecting the team to the community.
- Build, update, execute, and optimize community-building strategy;
- Initiate regular research on the best community-building practices and come up with your ideas on how to engage and activate the Spin community;
- Manage your team of community managers and local moderators;
- Update the Discord server with the necessary information, connect bots, etc;
- Communicate personally with the community to receive deep insights and share them with the team;
- Aggregate user feedback and bug reports and share them with the team;
- Provide weekly updates on the community stats and monthly budget reports;
- Communicate with the NEAR communities outside the Spin DS community to help new people navigate the project;
- Participate in AMAs, interviews, and other public events as a host and as a speaker (if you wish, it’s not obligatory ;)
- 3+ years of experience in community building with a track record of delivering success in a market with emerging technologies (Discord communities preferred).
- 1+ years of experience in DeFi or 2+ years of experience in CeFi (centralized exchanges, wallets, trading or asset management, etc.). Work experience with DEXes on L1 blockchains (NEAR, Solana, Avalanche, Terra, etc.) is an advantage, the same as personal or work experience with derivatives trading.
- Experience in setting up Discord bots of different levels of complexity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, advanced or native English (C1+)
- Being data-driven and performing analysis of data to tell a story, drive campaigns and experiment with growth.
- Competitive salary – up to $3,500 per month
- 28 days paid holiday
- A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
- A friendly family-style atmosphere where you’ll constantly learn something new from web3 gurus