Software Engineer - Rust
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build, expand, and maintain the Interlay network. You will ship new features to the Interlay community through collaboration with the team and ensure that the network’s core is secure and decentralized.
You are the perfect candidate if you have a proven track record of implementing security-sensitive Rust projects based on novel research and early-stage technology. You enjoy working with open-source software and desire to advance products and technology. You are both a passionate software engineer who cares deeply about maintainable code, tests, and type systems and a great communicator who values teamwork in an agile and remote environment.
Full-time and preferably based in Europe
What you will do
- Implement new features for the Interlay network that includes a novel an operational Bitcoin bridge design, basic DeFi protocols (AMM and lending), and trustless cross-chain bridges
- Expand the Interlay network with the ability to deploy smart contracts
- Work on off-chain clients in Rust that interact with the Interlay network for block relaying, Vaults, and oracles
- Help specify new features requests and, if desired, interact with the technical community to improve the Interlay network
- Collaborate with the other team members to ensure that we deliver new features in time and according to requirements
- Contribute to other open-source projects that we integrate with
- Proven 3+ years experience in developing and deploying production-ready applications in Rust
- Thorough understanding of testing best practices and writing secure software
- Enjoy working in an asynchronous and remote team environment that require great communication and collaboration skills
- A knack for community-driven projects that allows you to have a strong voice in product directions and improvements
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- In-depth understanding of Bitcoin and other blockchains (consensus, data structures, security model)
- Open-source contributions to a Rust-based project
- Prior experience with the Substrate Rust framework
We are an early-stage blockchain startup, envisioning a future anyone can use any digital asset on any blockchain, trustless and without limitations. Our flagship product is interBTC - a 1:1 Bitcoin-backed asset, collateralized, interoperable, and censorship-resistant. interBTC enables everyone to invest, earn and pay with BTC on any blockchain, realizing the true free nature of Bitcoin and decentralized finance.
We are a team of 20 (and growing), distributed globally across Europe (primary time zone), North America, and Asia.
We live decentralization and transparency. We’re 100% remote, all our code is open source, our products are community-owned and backed by top-tier research. We are dedicated contributors to advancing Bitcoin & blockchain tech since 2015 and believe in the potential of a community-owned financial system, through hype and FUD.
- Research-oriented team
- Solve novel problems
- Stock options
- Remote working
- 30-day vacation
- Allowance for a co-working space
- Yearly retreat