Decentral Park Capital
Research Analyst (On-chain)
- Role: Research Analyst (On-chain)
- Location: Remote
- Team: Decentral Park Capital - Research Team
- Start Date: Immediately
- Compensation: $70k base annual plus discretionary bonus and carried interest (negotiable)
- Company Stage: Hedge Fund / Venture Capital
Decentral Park Capital is searching for a Research Analyst (On-chain) to join the team and work directly for the Head of Research and with the research team to help further build our data & fundamentals driven investing strategy including yield opportunities and together shape the future of the firm.
Think of this role as at the nexus of a VC associate, a hedge fund analyst and a product leader. You should be technically inclined – a coder and developer who is excited by on-chain data and analytics.
Your research will inform both strategic and tactical investment decisions and portfolio positioning. You will work with a nimble team of developers to optimize and expand Decentral Park’s software suite (the “WOPR”) adding critical features that power our investment strategy. You will be our boots on the ground in a network of builders, fellow investors and field experts.
Desired Attributes & Responsibilities
You think quickly on your feet, but rest comfortably on a strong structure of reason. You are part-analytical and part-creative, not shying away from connecting dots that “shouldn’t be linked”. You have a drive and demonstrable experience in identifying and executing on on-chain yield farming opportunities. You also enjoy thinking about incentive structures, understanding token economics, working on structuring problem definitions, and subsequently finding the right data to produce a cogent narrative around what a possible solution might look like.
- Produce original research on industry trends and yield
- Be an “archival node” and provide critical feedback and resources to our portfolio companies and network of entrepreneurs and builders
- Source early-stage investment opportunities and generate investment ideas from the liquid market investable universe
- Produce original valuation & modeling work and help further develop the firm’s valuation tool suite
- Due diligence investment opportunities and produce investment memos
- Product manage our software suite, scoping out the feature set and prioritizing feature development
- 1+ years of blockchain experience in research at a cryptoasset research company or crypto fund
- Track record of on-chain yield farming research and/or investing
- Previously worked closely with layer 1 and layer 2 protocols (building, investing, researching)
- Has published research, analyses, articles, or blogs on blockchain projects or protocols
- Strong quantitative/modeling skills with on-chain data
- Experience with SQL and Python scripting and basic understanding of software development
- Experience working with, and deriving insights from on/off chain data within the crypto market
- Background in investment management, investment banking, engineering, computer science, or economics
Why Join Us Now
- Decentral Park Capital is building a best in class digital asset platform and developing a reputation in the space for cutting edge research and thought leadership
- You will be given the chance to shape and lead a core function on a rapidly scaling platform within an ecosystem that is undergoing innovation, expansion, and adoption
- You will have the opportunity to work on a highly ambitious team that wants to have a lasting impact on the way we experience democratization the internet and information
- You will work in an informal and friendly environment that is open to new initiatives and ideas
- We work remotely and are internationally distributed, and grow together through various team building and offsite exercises
Decentral Park Capital is a thematic, research-driven digital asset investment firm built by founders for founders innovating in Web 3.0. We apply a principled digital asset investment strategy and partner with founders to enable their token-based decentralized networks to scale globally. The firm was founded in 2017 by a team of three serial entrepreneurs and founders that continue to lead the firm. We have been working together for over 20 years and have extensive leadership experience across financial services, operating companies, investing, blockchain technology, and crypto assets. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that comes from all corners of the globe that is ready to invest time and resources to ensure you will grow alongside us for the long-term.
Decentral Park Capital is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from everyone. Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org at Decentral Park Capital on Find Web3).