Who we are:
PokerMob is the first game being built for the Funco Gaming Network. Funco is building game night for the zoom-first world we live in today. It’s a web3 gaming network designed to recreate the fun of having friends over for a game of cards and a drink. Our games are a LEGIT social experience with real-time presence, built-in audio/video, and all the raucous fun of a home game with your friends. The Funco community drives the development of games and the growth of the network with our innovative token mechanism that rewards game hosts and development.
PokerMob is the first online poker home game. We don’t facilitate gambling, we operate legally. Instead, we facilitate FUN! It’s poker like you’d play with your friends: house rules, side bets, dealer’s choice. Chinese poker, anyone? How about a replay of the look on Matt’s face when Sean took all his chips. AGAIN?
The team has built and sold multiple gaming companies, including Zynga pre and post IPO. We have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in VC and are experienced operators. Our investors are some of the best in the gaming and crypto world: Angels such as Justin Waldron (co-founder of Zynga), Justin Kan (twitch.tv), Kyle Samani (Multicoin), and institutional capital such as Solana Ventures.
A little about how we work:
- We are a remote-first team that is focused on bringing in the best talent in the world, regardless of geographic location.
- We pay competitively and offer equity in the form of stock (and eventually vesting tokens).
- Our work hours are flexible, we’re focused on accomplishing goals not time at the keyboard.
- We’re real adults and have a family-friendly set of policies, we expect you to be able to pick up your kids from school.
- You’ll work with a diverse and international team of skilled and motivated colleagues
- You’ll be given large amounts of ownership and autonomy, your work will matter
Who you are:
We are looking for our first full-time Community Lead who is ready to shape the PokerMob community experience and the company as a whole. The person we are looking for is eager to have full ownership of the community direction, and work directly with stakeholders and executives. A background in startups, gaming, social, or crypto (or better yet all of the above!) is preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- An ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction.
- Strong learning skills, can learn new things in a short time.
- 1+ years of experience in community management, background from a gaming company is preferred.
- Experience with managing or participating in crypto communities is preferred.
- You enjoy playing games, use Discord, and other social channels on a daily basis.
- Very organized, great time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Consistency in responding to messages quickly and comprehensively.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Compensation package including equity, 100% paid healthcare, and flexible PTO
- Remote-first team
- Flexible schedule
PokerMob is based in Austin, TX, but we are a remote-first team and you can work from anywhere. This is a full-time position.