Blockchain Data Scientist
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
OpenSea is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and web3 native Data Scientist to help build out the core data definitions of web3, surface early trends, and analyze sentiment data to help inform our community and product roadmaps. This individual will work closely with our Community, Data and Product teams, and be an active member of the web3 analytics community.
- Define data: help define, iterate, and socialize key web3 concepts using blockchain data (e.g. a unified definition of transactions that accounts for bundles, aggregators, etc.); build, maintain, and optimize in-house Dune dashboards
- Analyze data: sort through the noise to find the signal of early trends that should be on our radar; quantitatively size these trends on our larger user base to help us prioritize our roadmap (e.g. how many of our users are experiencing the same issue but haven’t taken the time to Tweet at us about it?)
- Share your analysis: regularly share out this analysis of early trends and sentiment to the larger company; communicate effectively the potential scale and urgency of these trends to a broad, cross-functional audience; be an active member of the web3 analytics community
- Quickly iterate: iterate your approach based on feedback from the company and community more broadly; tune your ability to find the signal to help us all move faster, better, and more quickly to address and even anticipate our community’s needs
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, with a strong quantitative background and experience with statistical analysis
- Fluency in SQL, Python/R, and (ideally) experience with Dune Analytics and other web3 analytics tools like Nansen
- Experience communicating effectively up, down and sideways across the company, with thoughtfulness around optimizing asynchronous communication and tailoring communication to different preferred styles
- Strong cross-functional skills and ability to operate under ambiguous and fast moving problem spaces
- Humility, humor, curiosity, resourcefulness, and a relentless drive to grow and learn
- Bonus points for web3 experience, a love for the community, and/or a degen portfolio