Gauntlet is DeFi’s risk manager. We drive capital efficiency while maintaining economic safety for some of the largest crypto protocols with our simulations. Gauntlet manages risk and incentives for over $40 Billion in assets.
Gauntlet continuously publishes cutting-edge research, making us the most cited peer-reviewed articles in the DeFi industry. We’re a Series B company with ~60 employees operating remote-first with a home base in New York City.
Gauntlet’s mission is to help make blockchain protocols and smart contracts safer and more trustworthy for users. Building decentralized systems creates new challenges for protocol developers, smart contract developers, and asset holders that are not seen in traditional development and investing.
Gauntlet is building a blockchain simulation and testing platform that leverages techniques from other industries to emulate interactions in crypto networks. Simulation provides transparency and greatly reduces the cost of experimentation so that teams can rapidly design, launch, and scale new decentralized systems.
In order to grow our impact in the DeFi space we are looking to hire experienced Data Scientists to help new and established protocols better understand the systems they’ve built. This role will require establishing a strong ability to analyze and interpret data; as well as the ability to collaborate with and manage external clients. You will be working directly with the premier and innovative DeFi protocols and developing expert-level knowledge and experience of the mechanisms that underpin the DeFi industry.
- Perform in depth novel research into how to make premier DeFi protocols safer and more efficient through mechanism design, data analysis, and dynamic parameter optimization.
- Take ownership of client engagements, scoping out work, managing client relationships, and delivering value to clients through your research and work.
- Draft and write engaging research for public consumption both to grow Gauntlet’s Brand as well as to satisfy client requirements
- Build and deploy easy-to-understand and visually compelling dashboards for internal and external consumption
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Extremely clear and effective communication and client management skills
- Proven track record of drawing deep insights from complex datasets
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- Ability to work independently working towards abstract goals
- Experience working with pricing models, financial products and/or different asset classes
- Experience working in the crypto industry is a big plus.
- Enthusiasm for the space, especially DeFi, is very much desired
- Smart contract development experience (e.g. Solidity)
- Experience managing external client relationships
- Published or presented research in the space
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere in the US & CAN!
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country “office visit” perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
- Opportunity for incentive compensation
Please note at this time our hiring is reserved for potential employees who are able to work within the contiguous United States and Canada. Should you need alternative accommodations, please note that in your application.
The national pay range for this role is $120,000 - $180,000 base plus additional On Target Earnings potential by level and equity in the company. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for a company of our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide. Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.