Senior UX/UI Designer
- Senior UX/UI Designer for Web3 startup (remote)
- Position: Full-time
Job description summary
Cerulean Blue is a fast-growing B2B and B2B2C company in Web3 with an upcoming token launch and plans for rapid expansion. We’re looking for a UX-savvy design lead with an elegant design aesthetic and proven track record who can help bring a world-class sensibility to the unfolding world of NFTs and Web3. This is a hands-on role where you will oversee a small team and be responsible for all facets of our company’s design.
We’re a multifaceted global team that’s focused on bringing technological innovation to the NFT marketplace. Primarily we build custom stand-alone NFT marketplaces for brands. We also curate partner content as part of our upcoming discovery hub to help users find high-quality NFTs.
Compensation & work arrangement
- Salary range: USD 80,000 – 90,000
- Plus: Token incentive program for full-time team members
- Benefits: The company honors all holidays, vacation requirements and other work arrangements that apply to each employee or contractor in their home nation.
- Hours: 40 hours per week, with flexible hours.
Work is 100% remote. We’re a growing, talented team that works collaboratively using Zoom and Slack in a fun, fast-paced environment while keeping focused on our big vision. Team members are located on five continents. We prefer someone in the Western hemisphere who speaks excellent English.
This is a hands-on position where you can help build the front end of the next-generation Web. In this role you’d work directly with our B2B clients, our business team and others to brainstorm ideas, understand business requirements and deliver design specs to our tech team. We’re looking for a design style that’s minimalist, functional, attractive, clean, user-centric and where the digital assets are the star of the show, rather than an UI that’s overly busy, fussy or artsy.
As the Senior UX/UI Designer (title TBD), you will be responsible for understanding our business clients’ needs and working with your team in prototyping and designing custom NFT marketplaces that turn visitors into collectors. You’ll help define a digital shopping experience on the Web and in mobile that is fresh and intuitive, increases engagement and boosts conversions. The goal is to simplify and abstract away the complexities of crypto and Web3 in a way that brings in thousands of new users each day and that delights collectors and fans of brands.
You’ll be involved in all phases of the product development process and will work closely with internal teams to conceptualize, design, prototype, test and iterate products across multiple interfaces.
This is a hands-on position rather than a supervisory role.
- Design NFT-focused marketplaces for our brand clients that resonate with their customers
- Understand clients’ business goals through multiple interactions and design toward those goals
- Work with tech team to optimize brand client sites for the mobile Web
- Conceptualize, prototype and design a state-of-the-art NFT discovery hub and marketplace
- Prototype discovery hub mobile app using Figma
- Help design business presentation decks in Canva
- Work with marketing to create stunning visuals for use in promotional campaigns
- Work to develop and refine user-centered design processes and best practices
- Work with team and client stakeholders to effectively communicate UX design needs and deliverables during product development process
- Prototype design concepts at varying levels of fidelity, from wireframes to interactive digital prototypes, using industry standard prototyping tools
- Keep up with multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and be able to manage your schedule and workflow within the design team’s project/file management system
- Participate in internal presentations for team members, partners or other stakeholders to share designs and ideas in a confident way
Your background and skills
Our ideal candidate will work toward innovative, forward-thinking user experiences by testing creative assumptions against hard data – that is, what do actual users think of the solutions you and the team will be generating before we roll them out to the masses? When expectations and results don’t align, you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and try a different approach.
- 8+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- 5+ years of experience in product design including Web, Mobile, Tablet, and web app.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a solid design philosophy, Modern, Simple, and Intuitive
- Track record in launching big projects from conception to completion
- Advanced proficiency with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS (no specialized knowledge of Solidity or Web3 languages required)
- Strong conceptual thinker with an ability to understand users’ needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- A proactive and collaborative approach with the ability to contribute to a multi-discipline team
- Highly developed organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks independently
- Strong proficiency with design and prototyping tools
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to the changing needs of a fast-paced startup
- Clear and effective written/verbal communication
- Self-starter with good judgment who can think strategically
- Positive team player with a let’s-do-this attitude
- Experience with e-commerce or bidding sites is a plus but not required
To apply for this position
To apply, applicants MUST submit a resume and answer these 3 questions:
- Why does this job appeal to you, and how do you think your skills can help us succeed?
- Can you please share your portfolio and some links to the live example of your work?
- How familiar are you with NFTs or Web3?
Email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org (not .com). Please put “Senior UX/UI Designer” in the subject line and tell us where you spotted this posting.
Equal opportunity employer
Cerulean Blue believes that diversity and inclusion make workplaces stronger. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law. We are looking to recruit others on the team to reflect this mindset and philosophy.